In April 2015 the BBS released a new Marriage and Family Therapist Experience Verification Form. TrackYourHours was updated so when you generate an Experience Verification Form the new form will be populated for any hours logged on or after January 1, 2010 (the BBS is retaining the pre-2010 form). TYH seamlessly handles the new form so you can continue to just click to generate your forms. Below are some FAQs related to the new form.
Do I need to go back and get new forms signed for previously earned hours?
No. The BBS will continue to accept the old form. You will just want to use the new form going forward. TYH will automatically populate the new form when you report hours earned on or after January 1, 2010.
What if I have an LPCC or MD supervisor?
The new form includes additional information that must be completed for LPCC and MD supervisors. If one or more of your supervisors is an LPCC or MD you should login to TYH and click the Sites tab and then click Edit next to the supervisor. At the bottom of the page you will see questions that you will need to answer before generating your forms. Answer the questions and click Save.
What changes did the BBS make to the form?
- A new field was added to indicate whether hours reported are pre- or post-degree. TYH will check the correct box based on the status of the hours being reported.
- A new field was added to report your Intern Number. TYH will enter your Intern Number if it is entered on the School & Status Information page.
- A new field “Date First Licensed” was added under the supervisor section. TYH will complete this field if you have entered the date on the Supervisor form (click the Sites tab and then click Edit next to your supervisor to add or edit the date).
- Under the supervisor section the question “If a LPCC, did you meet the qualifications to treat couples and families during the entire period of supervision, as specified in California law?” was added. In addition, the date the qualifications were met must be reported. These questions have been added to the add/edit Supervisor page in TYH. When you select LPCC for the license type of a supervisor you will be prompted to answer these questions so they can populate the form.
- The question about receiving payment as an intern now includes a box for “N/A (pre-degree experience)”. TYH will select the N/A box if your status is pre-degree during the reporting period.
- Hours reported for the categories Administering and evaluating psych tests, etc. and CCA are now separated based on the date the hours were earned. For these two categories all hours logged between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2011 are reported in the left column. All hours logged from January 1, 2012 forward are reported in the right column. TYH will automatically separate your hours by date range for these two categories.
- Supervision per week is now reported as units instead of hours. This does not impact individual supervision (1 hour = 1 unit) but it does impact group supervision (2 hours = 1 unit). TYH will report units for the individual and group supervision per week.