Last Updated: August 20, 2020
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you register for and use our Services, we may collect your:
- identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, account login credentials;
- financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number; and
- education and training information, such as your graduate school information, date your degree was awarded, associate registration number, supervisor name and license information, site name, address, and phone number; and
- device and usage information, such as your IP address, device ID, pages clicked, and session information.
We collect most of this personal information directly from you. When you use our online Services, we automatically collect information about your device and use of our Services through cookies and other data collection technology.
We require certain basic personal information (such as your contact information and, for paid subscribers, your billing information) to create an account with us. Other information you may provide, such as your education and training information, is optional depending on the types of services you request.
What Do We Do with the Personal Information?
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and manage customer relationships and provide notifications to you;
- to consider whether we should establish a commercial relationship with customers, suppliers and other third parties;
- to establish and maintain our relationships with you, such as administering accounts, collection and processing payments and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- to understand and respond to your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
- to develop and manage our databases, business and operations;
- to deliver advertisements to you, including advertisements that are tailored to your interests and online behaviors;
- to detect and protect us and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions, including the provision of products and services involving us and other third parties with whom we establish a relationship;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, our legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We disclose your personal information to third-party service providers that use your personal information solely to assist us in providing our Services to you. For example, we use a third-party service provider to manage the credit card processing. We take steps to prohibit our service providers from storing, retaining, or using your personal information outside of the services it provides to us.
We may share your personal information with business affiliates, so that they may contact you about their products and services.
If our company is involved in a corporate transaction, such as a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share or transfer your personal information as part of any such transaction.
From time to time, we may be required to provide personal information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process. We may also share your personal information, such as law enforcement agencies, when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Finally, we may share your personal information with any person or organization you tell us to, or if you give us your consent.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we employ administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. For instance, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. However, because we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us online, we recommend that you use caution when transmitting sensitive personal information to us.
When a user accesses our websites, we may use a browser feature called a “cookie” to collect information about that user’s visit. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that identifies the user’s browser to our computers each time our website is visited. Using cookies, we can collect information such as the user’s type of Internet browser and operating system, the domain name of the websites from which the user came, date and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on our websites, pages viewed and number of cookies accumulated.
You can set your browser either to notify you when you have received a cookie or refuse to accept cookies. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features available on our websites.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Services are not presently configured to respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals from web browsers or mobile devices. As such, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests. We may collect information concerning your online activities over time, across your devices, and as you navigate to different websites, including third-party websites.
Changes to your Personal Information
Customers to the Services can update or remove their Personal Information at any time by logging into the Service and editing your personal information within your account. You can view your updated profile to confirm that your edits have been made.
Marking Opt-out Preferences
Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that we think may be useful to you, including information about our Services or other third party products or services that we think may interest you. We include instructions in each of our marketing emails on how you can unsubscribe from marketing l emails or inform us of your preferences.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to other third-party websites. These third-party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than we do, and we have no responsibility for these third-party websites or their data-handling practices.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have certain rights under the California Shine the Light law and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, please review this section carefully.
- We have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Information to our service providers so that they can assist us in running our business: identifiers and contact information; financial and billing information; education and training information; device and usage information
- We have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Information to our corporate affiliates so that they may enhance their marketing and business development strategies: identifiers and contact information; financial and billing information; education and training information; device and usage information
- We have not sold your Personal Information.
Certain California residents are entitled to the following privacy rights under the CCPA.
- The Right to Know. You have the right to request information about how we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold your Personal Information over the last 12 months.
- The Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction with you. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The Right to Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. However, we do not sell your Personal Information.
- The Right to Equal Service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, please know that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Services.
You may exercise your Right to Know and Right to Request Deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise these rights, please submit your request via our contact form.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an account with us, we will use our existing account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we may request additional information about you to verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, If you are a California resident, you are entitled to request and obtain from Track Your Hours once per calendar year, information about any of your personal information we shared with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information, please contact us using our contact form.